2 February 2022
SMS COVID Guidance
St. Mary’s Soccer (SMS) teams must minimally adhere to the below guidelines regardless of location for all training sessions, games, and team functions. External organizations/locations may require additional safety precautions as well.
St. Mary’s Soccer Participation Guidelines:
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you must quarantine for at least 5 days. Additionally, you may not return until fever free without medication for 24 hours and symptoms must be resolving.
- If a same household member is confirmed positive, you should quarantine per CDC guidelines. Family members should not participate for at least 5 days from your households’ initial exposure. If you subsequently develop symptoms, you must test negative or wait an additional 5 days before returning to team activities. Per CDC guidelines*, quarantine is NOT required for individuals meeting any of the requirements below (assuming no symptoms are present):
- fully vaccinated and have received their booster shot
- completed their second dose of the Moderna/Pfizer vaccine in the last 6 months
- completed the primary dose of the J&J vaccine in the last 2 months
* Reference: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html
If you have concerns regarding your health, please contact their primary healthcare provider or seek urgent medical care. In case of a medical emergency, call 911. For additional information about COVID-19, please refer to the following: SMCHD website, CDC COVID-19 website.
Team Participation Prohibitions:
- Due to safety concerns, SMS teams are not permitted to participate in any events where players are required to wear masks during active play.
- Teams may now offer indoor training or game options, however, families who opt not to participate shall incur no penalties. Teams must adhere to facility guidelines in terms of quarantine when in contact with a confirmed individual indoors.